The Burning Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Burning Blade

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raids, and my rules!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheldra

Sheldra

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Raids, and my rules! Empty
PostSubject: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:19 am

Since i am sick at home and cant play wow for longer than 5 minutes without turning myself inside out i figured i take this time to construct a post with some rules and requirements considering the raids that i will lead.

All of you might have noticed that i have been promoted to raid leader, obviously this does not change much for the guild itself, Officers will still lead raids when i'm absent or failing as a raid leader in whatever way.

Like i stated before this will not change much for the guild itself however it will change some things considering raiding. Since i am now a raid leader i will be responsible for every raider attending one of my raids. I will be responsible for any failure during my raids and therefor it is needed to set up some rules and guidelines. So please before attending any of my raids read the following:

First off or in other words rule number one:
You will not attend a raid above KZ Without KZ experience. Quite simple if you ask me. I can not force you not signing up for any raids to ZA or what so ever alto i can tell you now the chances that you will be picked for any of those raids without experience in KZ will be very small.

Rule number two:
Raid formation.
Raids will be formed approximately 30 minutes before the actual starting time of the raid itself. When the raid is formed i will tell who is on the team in guild chat. If you are not in the team for whatever reason do not go off on me or any of the other raiders, the teams will be picked based on classes most suitable for the objective of that raidnight. If you are not picked i can only say: Better luck next time. Instead of causing grief because of this, starting a heroic group might be a better way to spend your time.

Rule number tree:
Pots and other consumables.
I expect every raider in my raids to use pots, simply because they buff you and help you preform better in which ever task is a signed to you.
You can use two pots or one flask at a time. a guardian elixir and a battle elixir. For caster dps those 2 pots could be a adapts elixir and a elixir of dreanic wisdom. If you use a flask you can only have one on you, in some cases this is a lot cheaper than buying 20 pots of both the elixirs you need so do some looking around before buying stuff. Also there is food that will buff you when you eat it for more than 10 seconds and pots that can be put on your weapons also look into this.

Rule number four:
Addons and thirt party programs.
I am a very lazy person, therefor i will not be typing loads in raid chat because some one does not have ventrillo. in the past this has not been a problem at all since most of the raiders so far have this program. For the newer people out there, Ventrillo does not require having a microphone and it does not force you to talk at all. All you need to do on vent is listen to tactics and changes made during a fight. obviously during a fight typing the changes will take to long therefor we use vent.
Also being in my raids will require having Omen or any other type of threat meters. Simply because you have to be able to see how much threat you are causing to stay under the tanks threat.
You will also need Deadly boss mods down loadable from www.curse.com
This mod will tell you which abilities a boss is about to use on you and therefor saves me a lot of explaining.

Rule number five:
Naming and shaming.
If any thing goes wrong during a raid you are not allowed to blame any other player for this mistake nor will you be allowed to blame yourself for any mess up you made. If you feel the urge to blame yourself for some thing that went wrong simply say sorry and move on. I for one do not like crying all night because some one messed up. If you feel the urge to blame someone else for messing up, blame me for it and get on with the raid. If however some one messes up so greatly that the raid is unable to function properly in the instance, i will whisper this person with some pointers that might improve the game play a bit, this is my job so if you are not a raid leader or a raid assistant please do not engage players in this way.

Rule number six:
Tactical errors and changes
If you feel any of my tactics are failing or i missed some important issue during the explaining of the tactics feel free to whisper me or any raid assistant. We will look into it and use it (if usable). Please do not type changes in raid chat directly, this will cause chaos and confusion.

Rule number seven:
Loot and spoils
During our raids we will use masterloot on boss attempts, if an item for your class drops, even if your the only one who wants the item, you roll random 100. The highest roller wins the item.
Of course there are some rules to this, A Main will always win an item over an Alt, unless the player playing the alt was forced to play on this alt to make the raid work. Mainspecs will always win over offspecs, as an example: I would really like the healing shield that drops off the chess event. As long as there is no paladin in the raid that needs it i am free to take it, if there is a paladin who needs it to improve his healing he will be able to get the shield instead of me even tho i rolled higher if he is specced holy. The paladin in this case will have to be a healer.
Book that can be found inside kara can be looted by any one in the raid however i do expect you to give the books to the designated classes.

Rule number eight:
Biobreaks, long afk's and early leaves.
Biobreaks will be granted when ever 1 or more players need one, however do not ask for a biobreak if we just had one 5 minutes ago. biobreaks will normally take about 2-5 minutes.
If for some reason you need to be afk for longer than that whisper either me or an assistant, in most cases it will be no problem however if it takes longer than 30 minutes we might have to replace you. Not because you are not allowed to have a real life, but because its unfair towards the 9 people waiting for you.
Early leaves:
After 23:00 server time i will repeatably ask if any one is close to having a time issue, if you have a time issue please state so we will either try to replace you or call the raid a night. My raids normally are till about a 23:00 server time however if there is no time issue they can go on till 02:00. If for what ever reason you have to go after 23:00 feel free to say so.
If you need to go before 23:00 server time please say so before the raid begins so we can find a suitable replacement either for half the raid or from the start.

Now for some shorter and simpler facts:
-A raid assistant will always be a baron or a main tank.
-If you rather save yourself to a pug KZ do not come crying when you cant come with one of our raids.
-If you are forming a pug KZ please do not spam guild chat for people to come, you are stealing/saving our classes to a random instance therefor we cant take them to an instance of our own and in that way you are sabotaging our own raids.
-In most cases we will leave prince for the "next" raid day, when forming a group for a final boss people that helped clear us till that boss will have first choice when making this raid.
- Utmost have fun while raiding, these instances is what we pay for each month they are made so we can have fun, do not let them get the best of you and do not cause grief because of them.
-Moonelf can only care for one teddy and currently she is taking care of mine!

Obviously i can not force you to raid by these rules and standards however i can ask you nicely to work with them as much as possible. The rules are not here to force you into a spot you do not want to be they are simple there to help a awesome group of players to get where they want to be.

Also look out for the following posts i will make soon:
Raidspecs, the does and don'ts.
Gear, don't let the greed get the best of you.
Karazhan the story continues.

Thanks a lot for sacrificing your time to read this i hope it helps.

Sheldra
Back to top Go down
moonie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:27 am

hi :-)
sorry to hear your still unwell. Sad
Thank you for taking the time to put together the above KZ rules .
I hope people will read them and follow some of the guide lines especially for pots flask and food etc can be very annoying when people dont use them as they do help alot :-)

hope to see you back in game very soon

btw teddy waves and says 'hi' lol

Moon xxx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sheldra

Sheldra

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:46 am

hehe i will be back today yay! Altho i also bought assasins creed..... must resist! ill be back and shining for raids and what not as soon as this patch is finaly downloaded!
Back to top Go down
Flaziuz

Flaziuz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Sheldra,

Awesome rules btw, if people would read and follow these terms the raiding will be alot easier but still, i need a microphone before i can enter the ventrilo talking :b and i will get that soon dw. Anyway the thing about if we wipe or so, its is not your responsibility if we wipe, everyone will takes some of the blame but we can only do it better on the next try. and we will! i mean doing the raids is the only way to get more experience about it.

Regards,
Flaziuz *flazy*Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheldra

Sheldra

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:38 am

the only reason for that Flaz is to save the raid from grief =)
Back to top Go down
DouganTheLegend

DouganTheLegend

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:33 pm

Good work shel...im sure u copied it from a post of mine of khara .....jk rofl, ty for the patience and keep working hard man!

Legendary
A Hero
A Leg-end...
Dougan
Back to top Go down
tyrrannus

tyrrannus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Hey, well sheldra that was a long but very usefull rulezzz Sleep lol!

i'm looking forward to the class specks. confused

keep up the good work

cheers

Tyrrannus the great king
Back to top Go down
http://www.rfh.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raids, and my rules!   Raids, and my rules! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raids, and my rules!
Page 1 of 1